Dr. O’Brien is a consulting economic geologist and former mining executive with the following experience:
- Over three decades of mining industry service including Board of Director roles in public and private mineral exploration companies.
- International experience on five continents in all stages of mineral exploration and development of economic mineral resource projects, mining project evaluation and strategic corporate development activities.
- Dr. O’Brien retired in 2018 from Lundin as Senior Vice President, Exploration & New Business Development after 13 years of service that saw Lundin grow from a small junior mining company into a leading international diversified mining company.
Mr. Struthers is a seasoned professional and Chartered Engineer with 40 years of international mining experience which includes:
- A 40-year mining career starting in operations in Africa and Australia, then a technical consulting career in Australia and internationally, and a migration into feasibility studies, capital projects, and executive roles.
- Former CEO (3 years) and current Non-Executive Director of Empire Metals Ltd (previously Georgian Mining Corp.), an AIM listed exploration and resource development company in London;
- Seven years as Project Manager and Projects Director with Lundin Mining Corporation, responsible for developing and executing a range of strategic medium and long-term brownfield growth initiatives at Lundin’s operations in Portugal and Chile.
- Former COO and Technical Director for a Russian minerals development company with large base and precious metals assets in Siberia.
- Director and principal geotechnical engineer for mining consultancy AMC Consultants between 1994 and 2007 in Australia and London. At AMC he led teams on a range of projects for major miners such as Rio Tinto Group and BHP Billiton, and a wide variety of other mid-tier and junior companies.
- Experience includes extensive management of feasibility and engineering studies, technical reviews, project and financial evaluations, strategic planning, mine expansions construction management, and project due diligence over a wide range of commodities and jurisdictions including base-metals, gold, and diamonds; in jurisdiction such as Africa, Australia, North America, South America, Europe and Russia. Prior to his consulting career he held operational and management positions in mining operations in Africa and Australia.
Mr. Perez is a mining executive with over 15 years of international mining experience which includes:
- Co-Founder, former Interim-CEO and now President of Candelaria Mining Corp.
- Ten years as Vice President of the Carrelton Horizon Natural Resource Fund where he covered the metals and mining sector with a focus on publicly listed junior mining companies throughout Latin America.
- Founding member of Sociedad Minera Reliquias S.A., a private Peruvian mining company advancing a former 2,000 tpd silver mine in the Castrovirreyna district.
- Former consultant for Core Gold, a Canadian publicly listed junior gold company with projects in Ecuador. He led the overhaul of Core Gold’s local operational and administrative team before an ultimate merger with Titan Minerals (TTM:ASE) in 2020.
Mr. Montaño is a Certified Public Accountant with a postgraduate in accounting at Universidad Panamericana de Guadalajara, Jalisco. He is currently the Chief Executive Officer of C-UNO, S.A. de C.V. which is part of the group which owns a series of retail chain stores in Mexico and South America. Mr. Montaño holds various other positions which includes:
- Secretary and Board Member of Codesin, which is the private sector chamber for economic development for the State of Sinaloa;
- President of Administración de Crediavance, S.A. de C.V. Sofom ENR, which is a microfinance company with a presence in Sinaloa, Sonora, Baja California Norte, Baja California Sur, Nayarit and Jalisco;
- Member of the Board of Promotora de Casas y Edificios SA de CV, which is a real estate developer in Mexicali and Tijuana in the State of Baja California;
- Member of the Board of Endeavor for the State of Sinaloa, a non-profit organization headquartered in New York that credits itself as pioneering the concept of high-impact entrepreneurship in emerging and growth markets around the world.
Mr. Roma is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and is a Principal of Roma Capital Corp., a private company providing corporate finance, accounting and capital advisory services to private and public companies. In this role, Mr. Roma serves as a director and/or officer to a number of junior public companies in the natural resource sector. Mr. Roma articled at Deloitte LLP where he specialized in assurance and advisory services for publicly listed mining companies based both in Canada and the United States.